Our hot dinners are provided by Chartwells, a catering firm with many years experience of cooking for schools, who are working closely with East Sussex County Council to deliver first ratemeals to schools across the county.
School meals currently cost £2.10 each day.
Some important points:
· Chartwells menus meet or exceed government food and nutrition standards
· Chartwells minimise, and where possible eliminate, food additives
· Their team of nutritionists develop menus which ensure balanced, healthy choices
· Products from suppliers can be traced back to source
· Menus can be adapted to meet your specific needs
For more information contact
Telephone: 0345 6080190
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Did You Know?
If you are in receipt of certain benefit payments you may be eligible to register for FreeSchool Meals. The benefits which qualify for Free School Meals are:
· Income Support
· Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support under the Immigration and Asylum Act
· Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit, provided your annual household income does not exceed £16,190
· Universal Credit
Once registered, you are eligible to receive other benefits including:
· A free P.E. Kit and book bag once every school year from Reception to Year 6
· A 25% reduction on the cost of any class trip
· A 50% reduction on the cost of the Year 6 Residential trip to Blackland Farm
· A reduction on the cost of instrumental tuition lessons
Even though all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are offered a free schooldinner, this entitlement does not include these benefits.